Intro- Personal GPS Tracker, Digital Communication Mode Introduction.

Warning- Somewhat of an advance subject but very applicable to preparedness.

Introduction to (A-P-R-S), Automatic Packet Reporting System. Normally used as a GPS tracking system in Amateur (HAM) radio, but its evolving into multiple uses in digital communications. Since I do not like to yak on amateur radio by voice, I use A.P.R.S. because its a mode I can use by myself. I use it to track the family car, and my kids, in turn have fun tracking me while I work away from home, able to respond in case any of us gets into a situation with the ability to track our location. Its an excellent preparedness tool, used by amateur radio operators during disasters, search & rescue teams, or plain fun around the world. completely free service after equipment purchase investment, no re-incurring cost and internet dependent. More vids on this to come

Comments