Real-Time Web GPS Cell Phone Tracker (www.fixposit.com)

App available for free at www.fixposit.com - This application combines Google Maps API v3 with HTML5 Geolocation and the SignalR library to create a real time location tracking web application. I accessed the web app from my phone and from my computer and then my friend drove around the neighborhood with my phone while I tracked his location from my computer. He could see his location and mine from the phones browser as well. At first the GPS on my phone was jumping around a bit as far as the latitude and longitude it was providing to the application, but it stabilized and provided a good tracking mechanism to the app in the end. There are many possible uses for such an application. One that I thought of was for a paintball or capture the flag game where players on the same team could coordinate their movements through the use of smartphones connected to this app.

Comments